Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea PortesMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
I confess, I went into this book with a lackluster attitude, and I came out from the experience extremely impressed. If you are easily offended by mean girl behaviors and snarky commentary, this book is not for you. If you can separate the thoughts and behaviors of characters from the opinions of the author, and can accept some diabolical behaviors in the name of character development and growth, you will probably fall in love with this novel. It has so much voice I wanted to hug the book, but since it was on my phone, that would have only been awkward. For everyone.
There’s something shocking and terribly upsetting that happens in this book, so don’t let the carefree, funny storytelling style distract you from the fact that the story later intends to rip your heart out and stomp on it.
Pages: 336
No comments:
Post a Comment