Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Saturday, March 12, 2016

"Clang" by E. Davies

Book two in the Riley Brothers series focuses on oldest brother Jackson, a blacksmith, and Chase, a tattoo artist.  They met in book one and start dating in this story.  They are opposites in a lot of ways, especially when it comes to their families.  Jackson lives next to both of his brothers and is still close to his parents.  Chase is in hiding from his family, who is extremely religious and punishes him for being gay.  When his abusive uncle locates him, Chase knows that he has to protect himself and his budding relationship with Jackson.

I liked both characters but could not get a real feel for what they looked like other than "muscular" (Jackson) and "willowy" (Chase).  The story was also quite anticlimactic.  I expected more from the conflict between Chase and his uncle.  As with the first book, the writing could have used tighter editing as the same adjectives were used multiple times in the same paragraph and sometimes the same sentence (like I just did!).  I wouldn't mind reading book three, which is the youngest brother's story, but only if it is free to purchase like books one and two were.  264 pages (Kindle edition).

No comments:

Post a Comment