Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien

The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2)The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've been going back through LOTR again, listening on audiobook this time. This one ends at a point that reminds me just how much I love Sam.

I've been surprised how many nods J.K. Rowling actually made to Tolkien in the Harry Potter series. I don't even know if the references and choices were conscious or not, but I kind of love that. I've been picking up on little things here and there, which is fun. I didn't specifically realize there were any shared references between the two, because I haven't read LOTR since I finished the HP series. However, I kind of do think all great fantasy novels have something, on some level, in common.

Pages: 352
Audible Audio Edition
Narrated by Rob Inglis
Listening Length: 16 hours and 40 minutes
Version: Unabridged
Publisher: Recorded Books

No comments:

Post a Comment