Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Saturday, April 16, 2016

"The Upward Spiral" by Alex Korb

This book about treating depression has the subtitle "Using Neuroscience to Reverse the Course of Depression, One Small Change at a Time".  Korb is a neuroscientist and explains the various parts of the brain involved in depression and anxiety.  As someone with a degree in psychology, nearly all of the terms he used were familiar to me; however, it's easy to see how a reader who has never studied the parts of the brain and its processes would be overwhelmed or even tune out much of this book.  The author offered suggestions on changing brain activity to lessen depression as well as anxiety, most of which I had already heard.  Still, I liked the chapter on anxiety the best.  I listened to this book on CD with David deVries performing.  He had a nice, moderate voice which was easy to hear while driving.

Audio:  5 hours, 39 minutes
Print:  240 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment