Summary: "Baseball wasn't supposed to be a game of life and death...The summer that Chase Stern entered my life, I was seventeen. The daughter of a legend, the Yankees were my family, their stadium my home, their dugout my workplace. My focus was on the game. Chase & he started out as a distraction. A distraction with sex appeal poured into every inch of his six foot frame. A distraction who played like a god and partied like a devil. I tried to stay away. I couldn't. Then, the team started losing. Women started dying. And everything in my perfect world broke apart."
Well, I don't know what to say about this book. I don't know if it should even count as 399 pages because the chapters were so short, and the way it's printed leaves quite a few blank pages.
Anyway, it's a baseball romance novel similar to Whatever Life Throws at You, except Moonshot adds a weird layer of murder and mystery. Whatever Life Throws at You is above and beyond Moonshot in almost every way. The characters in Moonshot have absolutely NO depth. None. As the reader, I didn't learn anything interesting about Ty or Chase, and I didn't really care about them. All Ty thinks about is baseball and Chase, and literally nothing else! She has no real aspirations or dreams or drive to do anything with her life except be attached to the Yankees.
Even though I'm highly critical of this book, I did finish it in just one day. But I think it was more out of stubbornness to get it over with so I could figure out who the killer is and move on to a better book.
I was shocked by some turn of events and the killer is quite surprising! But I just can't deal with the way the last half of the book is written. It's just cringe-worthy and frustrating. The reviews on Goodreads let me down!
399 pages
No comments:
Post a Comment