Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Thursday, September 29, 2016

Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally

Summary: "Seeking God's forgiveness for a past sin, eighteen-year-old Kate finds summer employment at a church camp, where she is tempted to have a fling with co-counselor Matt."

I don't think I am capable of putting into words how disappointing this book is, especially compared to the awesome quality of the first two books in this series. Things I Can't Forget had me rolling my eyes and wanting to slam the book on the table. Repeatedly.  

I understand what the author was trying to do with this book, and I appreciate the way she encouraged her readers to be true to themselves. However, the inner-thoughts of the main character were simple-minded and repetitive. It was the same inner-conversation and moral dilemmas over and over and over and over again. I feel like I'm reading an entirely different series! I don't even know if I will continue with it or not...

The only bright spots were the appearances of characters from the first two books: Jordan and Henry, Parker and Will. 

312 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment