Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The Tiger in the Smoke by Margery Allingham

The Tiger in the Smoke by Margery Allingham

My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Fog has enveloped London and hinders the police and Albert Campion investigating blackmail letters, impersonation and then murder. Who is behind this plot to prevent Campion's friend, Meg from happily marrying Millionaire Geoffrey Levett? Why would they want to cause her grief by sending her photos of her dead, first husband on the eve of her wedding? Campion's efforts to help a friend led him to a much deeper and darker plot.

This is the first of the Albert Campion mysteries I have read. I have enjoyed the PBS broadcasts of shows based on these books so thought I'd give this one a try. This is a good, old-fashioned British mystery novel and I enjoyed the story. I plan to read more of her books in the future. This is technically book number 14 in this series, but each novel is a story alone story and they can be read in any order.

254 Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment