Scott Pilgrim, Volume 5: Scott Pilgrim Vs. the Universe by Bryan Lee O'MalleyMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
#BecRereads2018
I'm still endlessly amused by Scott Pilgrim. I skimmed other people's reviews, and they thought this one was more depressing. I confess the more pathetic Scott is, the more I'm amused by him. I also didn't mind retreading old themes. It kind of cemented the series before the big ending.
Book 101 Read in 2018
Pages: 178
Scott Pilgrim, Volume 6: Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour by Bryan Lee O'MalleyMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
#BecRereads2018
This one had so many great moments, including my favorite instance of breaking the 4th wall. Plus, there's a few twists that really got me in all the feels. The memory cam panels are everything.
Some of these side characters barely goy more than 2 or 3 dialogue bubbles per novel, and yet I've come to adore and/or hate them, sometimes both, depending on the moment. It pulls together so many different moments from across the series into an epic finale.
I adore this. I think I like it better every time I revisit it.
Book 102 read in 2018
Pages: 245
No comments:
Post a Comment