Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Monday, August 5, 2019

Wandfasted (The Black Witch Chronicles 0.5) by Laurie Forest

Wandfasted (The Black Witch Chronicles 0.5)
by Laurie Forest

5/5

235 pages

When they painted "Heretics" on our barn and set fire to it, I thought that was the worst it could get.

Until they sent the dragons.

But they didn't count on us having dragons of our own. And they certainly didn't count on Her. Our Great Mage. The Bringer of Fire. The Storm of Death. The Crow Sorceress. Our Deliverance.

The Black Witch.

This story, y'all.  I am SO glad I forgot my headphones and had to resort to whatever ebook was downloaded to my phone.  The story is pretty standard; it has a whole Pride & Prejudice thing going on.  So why 5 stars?  The characters.  I really felt them.  As in, there were some goofy smiles, tears, scowls, and other involuntary reactions.  I'll definitely be reading this series, but I'm not ready to meet the new characters (Wandfasted is a prequel).  So, I'll give it a couple of days to recover from my book hangover, and then I'll move on to book one.

No comments:

Post a Comment