...the main character's name is Alexa...how am I supposed to not...like..make Alexa jokes... So I'm really glad she went by Alex for a lot of the book..I love Alexa's heart and how much she cares. I think that could have been a really amazing thing to explore, because she has a different perspective (because she's a GIRL)--like I would have loved to see more with the women's houses and fighting the system there. There could have been like a hundred pages of "character vs. world" conflict. Less angst about boys (dare I say it) and more angst about the world... I dunno.
..I kinda wish it had been darker...like...I dunno... Maybe it's because I'm in a dark and gloomy fantasy kick rn...
I feel like the conflict could have been done better, and there could have been more showing/observing of the characters.
I really liked the concept and the characters. I love Damian and Rylan. They're cool.
336 Pages
No comments:
Post a Comment