I don't know how to put into words how I feel about this book because like...so much happened and it was fantastic...like...the book spanned like....ages...
At one point I was gonna be like "the women are carrying the book" but nope....all the characters pull their weight, and I love all of them...
The character growth. The fricking character growth. Like. And like...the relationship growth. Like...
I want to do the thing that they did at the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King credits and just show the characters so I can be like:

Because Hilo is just... like...I love him. And I love Anden. And Niko and Ru. And Shae and Wen. Like...the choices that they make and how and why they make their choices.
And the world-building, and the politics, and like... bringing in pieces of the world that are really obvious when you're in a world, but that like...take work to build, like media....
Me: ...this feels like a certain scene from Hamilton....
oh and this also feels like a scene from Hamilton.
I have been on a journey....like more of a journey than when I listened to 10 min. All Too Well for the first time.... and like....I don't know how any expects me to be ok after finishing this book. Like...

Finishes book: now what?

It's a fricking masterpiece and I'm going to go stare off into space now because reasons.
736 Pages
No comments:
Post a Comment