Scarlet is the second book in the Lunar Chronicles series. It adds the characters of Scarlet, Captain Thorne and Wolf to Cinder's story from Book 1. The chapters alternate between Cinder, Scarlet and Kai's points of view (maybe a few others; I can't remember). Scarlet lives in a small town in France with her grandmother, but her grandmother has been kidnapped. Scarlet meets Wolf, and they set out to find her grandmother in Paris. This story loosely follows the Little Red Riding Hood tale, which makes it familiar and comforting. However, the mix-up of the story keeps you guessing and the book overall fresh and exciting. I really enjoyed Scarlet... much more than Cinder. Scarlet and Wolf have great chemistry, while Thorne adds some much-needed humor to the books.
I could hardly put this book down, and as soon as I finished it, I was on the hunt for Book 3!
454 pages
No comments:
Post a Comment