Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Saturday, October 28, 2017

A Tale Dark & Grimm Series by Adam Gidwitz

A Tale Dark & Grimm (A Tale Dark & Grimm, #1)A Tale Dark & Grimm by Adam Gidwitz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this book when it was first published, back in my middle school teaching days, and I really enjoyed it. When I saw the entire trilogy was on sale with Audible, I decided to pick them all up and listen again, this time reading the entire series.

This book was clever, charming, and funny, just as I remembered it. It's also filled with some blood and gore and dangerous situations, but it's all told in a way that would still be readable for late elementary or upper middle school, especially considering the approach and tone. In fact, I think my nephew will love this book. He's at that perfect age for understanding the sarcasm and humor in this book.

I like it a lot, and while I think it would be fun for adults to read with the kids in their lives, it's also just fun for adults.

Pages: 256


In a Glass Grimmly (A Tale Dark & Grimm, #2)In a Glass Grimmly by Adam Gidwitz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed the second book as much as the first one. This is a good batch of retellings, with lots of humor and intrigue.

Pages: 192



The Grimm Conclusion (A Tale Dark & Grimm, #3)The Grimm Conclusion by Adam Gidwitz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don't love this one quite as much as the first two books, but it is still good. It references the previous books and events too much, in a way that became distracting and seemed like marketing to me. I didn't love that, but the rest of the story was pretty good.

Pages: 344

No comments:

Post a Comment