Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Friday, October 6, 2017

MacRieve by Kresley Cole

MacRieve (Immortals After Dark, #14)MacRieve by Kresley Cole
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
\
Book 14 of IAD

The MC is particularly angry about his past, and that frequently makes him hurtful, unkind, and difficult to like. I guess you could say that there was just a bit too much reality invading my Lore-ridden fantasy realm with this story.

I still like the story, overall, but it also frustrated and disappointed me at times, and not in a good sort of way. Also, some of the themes felt a bit repetitive, and the plot lagged.

Obviously, it's not a deal breaker, because I still immediately picked up the next book in the series. But there's something that's extra dark and uncomfortable about this one, and not always in a good way.

Pages: 358

No comments:

Post a Comment