Alien: Out of the Shadows by Tim LebbonMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
I received the full cast audio production free through Audible, and it was interesting enough. This would not be something I could read in print, as the story is entirely dialogue (so the characters discuss back story and world building). I assume it’s also available in print, though I doubt that would be the recommended way to experience it, unless everything but the dialogue was just cut out for this reproduction. If someone more informed reads this review and can answer that, please leave a comment.
The sound effects were actually helpful, and normally I hate excess sound in an audio format. However, this is the exception, since this story isn’t about the writing but about dramatic effect.
Apparently, this somehow fits into the storyline between some films, but I know nothing about that and haven’t seen the films. Regardless, I was able to follow along. Looking back, it probably would have been good to know that in advance, so I could watch/listen in order.
I occasionally had trouble understanding some of the dialogue in the recording, due to they synthesized sounds of some of the voices. Also, I spent a good chunk of the time mixed up about who was who, but it turned out to not really matter all that much. I could still follow the story, even without having a clue whose voice I was listening to. I just learned the characters more by their voices than their names.
Pages: 352
No comments:
Post a Comment