After the Golden Age follows Celia West who is an old hat at getting kidnapped. She is the daughter of famous superheroes Captain Olympus and Spark, members of the Olympiad team that protects Commerce City. Having no powers of her own, she has tried to distance herself from her family, only to be dragged back in when a bad decision from her past comes back to haunt her.
This book is a really fun time and I get lost in it every time I read it. Sure, if you start truly analyzing the story, there are some ridiculous points, but I never notice it while reading. This is one that I have read at least 4 times through and will continue to pick it up.
Dreams of the Golden Age picks up around 14 years after the end of the last book and follows a new generation of supers as they start to band together to fight evil. Celia West is now the head of the West Corporation, but some newcomers to the city are making her suspicious of their intentions.
Not as good as the first, but I loved the characters so much from the first that they keep me interested through this book.
Rating: 3.5/5
Pages
After The Golden Age: 304
Dreams of the Golden Age: 318


No comments:
Post a Comment