Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Tuesday, September 3, 2019

The Bridge Kingdom by Danielle L. Jensen

The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)The Bridge Kingdom by Danielle L. Jensen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to confess that due to the cartoonish/homemade feel of the cover, I did not expect great things from this book. That being said, the concept caught my attention enough that I decided I would just start it, and if it sucked, then I would DNF.

Obviously, I didn't DNF, and there were a lot of things I really enjoyed about this one, enough that when book 2 comes out, I will definitely give it a go, as well.

The world building is fascinating. It's basically like a fantasy novel, except for that it has no magic system, which to me = not a true fantasy novel. It's that weird new sub-genre of fantasy that as of yet remains unlabeled but for which most of us hardcore fantasy lovers also enjoy, due to the rich settings, unique world building, and usually an action-packed or adventurous plot.

Long story short, I liked it, far more than I expected to, and it's a good reminder not to let a bad cover completely deter me from giving a book a try.

Pages: 354

No comments:

Post a Comment