Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Friday, September 20, 2019

Spaceman: An Astronaut's Unlikely Journey to Unlock the Secrets of the Universe by Mike Massimino

Spaceman: An Astronaut's Unlikely Journey to Unlock the Secrets of the UniverseSpaceman: An Astronaut's Unlikely Journey to Unlock the Secrets of the Universe by Mike Massimino
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a stellar read! This was so unexpectedly inspirational and motivational. It's clear Mike Massimino is just a good human, regardless of being an astronaut. I was utterly charmed and captivated by his journey. Some moments were touching, others were terrifying. I was on the verge of tears so many times that I was a complete emotional wreck after finishing this book, but in a good way.

I always say I'm not the world's biggest fan of memoirs, but I think I've changed my mind across the course of the past couple of years. It has to be the right person, and the right story, and then I'm just all the way in. This is one of those absolutely right reads for ever so many reasons.

The added bonus on this one is that I accidentally learned all kinds of fascinating things I didn't know or never thought about, in regards to the journey to becoming an astronaut.

Pages: 320

No comments:

Post a Comment