Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Friday, September 20, 2019

The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis

Image result for screwtape lettersThe story of an experienced uncle demon trying to teach his (amateur) nephew how to win souls for hell through letters. We don't get to see what the nephew writes though...
C.S. Lewis made the demon's hatred hilarious and yet undesirable. And I loved how the demons referred to humans as "hairless bipeds," and it made me think of Scar's hatred of Simba in the Lion King..
You almost wonder if the demons are jealous and envious of the humans, even though they're sickened by them.

The last chapter had my eyes watering, and I needed to call my mom and talk about my feelings.


209 pages

2 comments:

  1. I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work 悉尼补习

    ReplyDelete