This blog is for Missouri State Library staff members to record their books read for the annual Missouri Book Challenge.
Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge
Monday, February 28, 2011
The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie
I decided to read this book first, because it was available on Project Gutenberg and I wanted to try downloading a book from there; and second because someone recommended I give Hercule Poirot another chance. (I had last read a book involving Poirot about 20 years ago and found the character tiring.) The Mysterious Affair at Styles featuring Poirot and Arthur Hastings had some false leads with plenty of suspects, but in the long run I didn't really care who killed Emily Inglethorp. I won't go so far as to agree with Agatha Christie's assessment of Poirot as a "detestable, bombastic, tiresome, ego-centric little creep", but he also won't make my "Top Ten List of Favorite Fictional Detectives--Professional or Amateur". From the Christie realm, I will stick with Miss Marple. 212 p.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment