This blog is for Missouri State Library staff members to record their books read for the annual Missouri Book Challenge.
Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge
Monday, February 28, 2011
"Wicked Intentions" by Elizabeth Hoyt
I've enjoyed Hoyt's Princes series and her Legend of the Four Soldiers series (although I still haven't read the final one), so I figured that I would like the first book in her new Maiden Lane series. Once again, Hoyt creates two well-developed main characters who strike a bargain to help each other in the poverty-stricken St. Giles area of London. Lord Caire is searching for the killer of his mistress, and Temperance Dews is trying to find a benefactor for the orphanage run by her and her brother. Although labeled a historical romance, I would also call it a mystery and a good one, too. Hoyt delivers another emotionally satisfying story while introducing characters and background for the next book in the series, "Notorious Pleasures." 392 pages.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment