Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Friday, September 30, 2011

The Hunger Games By Suzanne Collins

384 pages

I gave in. I’d read about the books, heard people talk about the books, and thought vaguely about starting them. The more I read about the movie that is being produced starring Jennifer Lawrence (of Winter’s Bone fame) the more interested I was in picking up the book. So I put myself on a waiting list for the book at the public library…and I think I was on the waiting list longer than the total time it took me to finish the entire series of three books. So engaging, so fast-paced – it’s been a long time since I just HAD to know what happened next in a book. This is one of those books that I read late into the night, telling myself ‘just one more chapter’ and reading three more before my eyes refused to stay open. Katniss, Peeta, Gale, Haymitch….all of them were the center of my world while I was reading.

Loved it. And am fine with admitting it. Is it the best-written book I read this summer? No. Was I obsessed with the story anyway? Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment