Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Sunday, March 4, 2012

"Halfway to the Grave: A Night Huntress Novel" by Jeaniene Frost

I'd been waiting a while to read this first book in Frost's Night Huntress series, and I was not disappointed!  In fact, it's one of the best paranormal romances that I've ever read.  Cat Crawfield is half vampire, half human, an extremely rare crossbreed in a modern world where most humans don't know that vampires exist.  She's been taught by her mother that all vampires are evil, like her father, and should be killed, so that's what she does.  However, while trolling the bars for her next victim, she meets Bones, a master vampire bounty hunter who is killing his own kind, but only those who prey on the innocent.  After her initial attempt to kill him fails, he realizes what she is and how they'd make the perfect team for his work.  He trains Cat to become his partner in order to take down a group of vampires and humans who kidnap and sell young women.

This novel had it all - action, thrills, drama, romance - and it added up to a great story that I read in about two days.  I can't wait to read the next in the series.  Highly recommended.  358 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment