Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Monday, March 19, 2012

Without Tess

Author: Marcella Pixley
Pages: 280

This is a story about Lizzie, age 15 coming to terms with suicide of her mentally unstable sister who was her best friend. Lizzie has felt guilt and confusion over her sister Tess' death, she can't let go and has turned into herself. She has no friends and her relationship with her parents is distant.
I liked this book, I was reluctant to read t after I found out what it was about, thought it might be too depressing but it wasn't and I recommend it. 
Cover blurb:
Tess and Lizzie are sisters, sisters as close as can be, who share a secret world filled with selkies, flying horses, and a girl who can transform into a wolf  in the middle of the night. But when Lizzie is ready to grow up, Tess clings to their fantasies. As Tess sinks deeper and deeper into her delusions, she decides that she can’t live in the real world any longer and leaves Lizzie and her family forever. Now, years later, Lizzie is in high school and struggling to understand what happened to her sister. With the help of a school psychologist and Tess’s battered journal, Lizzie searches for a way to finally let Tess go.

No comments:

Post a Comment