In this 12th book in Cole's Immortals After Dark series, Lothaire is known as the Enemy of Old. He's an ancient vampire who is as ruthless as he is old with a bloodlust and torturous past that has pushed him to the edge of insanity. He's been alone for millennia, plotting to become the king of the Horde, one of two vampire armies at war with other immortal factions. Now he believes that he's found his Bride, his eternal wife; unfortunately, she is inhabiting the body of a mortal from Appalachia named Elizabeth. Lothaire must destroy her soul so that his Bride can take over her body and they can conquer the Horde together. But Elizabeth is not ready to give in to these immortals, and Lothaire begins to question who his Bride really is.
I really wanted to like this book, since I've liked all the others in the IAD series, but Lothaire is so awful to Elizabeth that I just couldn't. He has so few redeeming qualities that it's hard to see why Elizabeth is even attracted to him. As in the other books in the series, this one had lots of action and snappy dialog. It's best to read them in order. I'm hoping that I like the next one better. 468 pages.
No comments:
Post a Comment