This blog is for Missouri State Library staff members to record their books read for the annual Missouri Book Challenge.
Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge
Saturday, August 31, 2013
Paris by Edward Rutherfurd, read by Jean Gilpin
I love all things French so when I saw this book at the library I had to pick it up. Rutherfurd tells the story of Paris through the experiences of various members of an aristocratic, a bourgeoise, a communist, a working class and a Jewish family. The families intersect through time, taking turns betraying, saving, and/or working together to defeat a common enemy. One of my favorite parts of the book is the building of the Eiffel tower. The narrator, Jean Gilpin, does a great job of varying the voices of the different characters too. Anyone who loves history and a good story will appreciate this book. 38 hours, unabridged audiobook. 809 p.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment