Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Friday, August 30, 2013

WE THE CHILDREN by Andrew Clements, FEAR ITSELF by Andrew Clements, THE WHITES OF THEIR EYES by Andrew Clements, IN HARMS WAY by Andrew Clements



BOOK ONE
BOOK TWO
So now I’m on to more middle school fiction by Andrew Clements.  One weekend during breaks with laundry, I read what I thought was the entire series:  Benjamin Pratt and the Keepers of the School.
Sadly, for me, there’s one more and it won’t be out until Dec. 2013. I’m left hanging on the very well written cliff of this series.
Oakes School is about to meet the wrecking ball and a team of “Keepers” assembled by 11(and one half) year old Ben Pratt through the mysterious guidance of the school’s founder, Captain Oakes (1783).
BOOK THREE
BOOK FOUR
There is not one hint of writing-down to a middle school audience in this series and it tackles with great sensitivity death and dying, parental separations, and the always-there angst of classmate relationships. There are lovely passages about how to sail.  Oh, and no small part of the action takes place in the library!


We the Children:  Book One 2010, 142 p.
Fear Itself: Book 2, 2011 204 p.
Whites of Their Eyes, Book 3, 2012 207 p.
In Harm’s Way Book 4, 2013, 209 p.
Athenum Books for Young Readers

No comments:

Post a Comment