Biting Me Softly by Mary Hughes is book 4 in the Biting Love series. I have to say that I enjoyed this book even more than I enjoyed the first one and I fully intend to go back and read the two books in between that I missed when I get the opportunity. As mentioned in the post of book 1, this series has different main characters in each book. The romance between Logan Steele and Leise Schmetterling is the one featured in this novel. At the center of the novel is a vampire battle for a blood distribution center in Meier's Corners. Logan is called in to install a security system in the center to keep the rogues from stealing blood. Elements of this book rang more true than in Bite My Fire, probably because the author has been a computer consultant. The minor details didn't feel as contrived in Biting Me Softly and I got into this book much more rapidly. Once again, it was hard to put the novel down. Even the chapter breaks kept me turning pages. The only thing that made me put it down was the sound of my phone ringing and the need to sleep. Otherwise, I devoured this book. The characters are very fun with their witty repartee and puns. I fully enjoyed it! Once again, I recommend this book and series to anyone who enjoys paranormal romance. "Warning: Contains explicit vampire sex involving absurdly large male equipment (hey, they're monsters), unbelievable stamina (just how long can he stay underwater in a hot tub?), hide-your-eyes violence and horrendously bad puns. And just when you think it can't get any worse, a computer geekette trying to play Mata Hari" (taken from the back of the novel). 292 pp.

No comments:
Post a Comment