The Talisman Ring by Georgette Heyer is a gentle romance from the 1930s that has a little mystery thrown in. A family heirloom is lost under the guise of murder and the story follows two heroes and two heroines on a classic who dunnit chase. Though the true murderer is revealed about halfway through the book, the rest of the story deals with trying to capture said murderer with enough evidence to arrest/convict. It is a delightful romp for those who enjoy regency romances. Heyer's attention to historic detail is quite amazing, though I admit I was baffled by some of her description simply because I was not familiar with the terminology she was using. That didn't stop me from enjoying the book. I must admit that I picked this book up in response to the last book I posted, The Dangerous Lover. Heyer was one of the authors mentioned in Lutz's book. I didn't, however, find a Byronic hero in this particular book, though traces of one are evident in both of the heroes. However, I still found the book highly enjoyable. 401pp.

No comments:
Post a Comment