Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Summary: "Rendered a subject of gossip after a traumatic night that left her with terrible scars on her arms, Echo is dumped by her boyfriend and bonds with bad-boy Noah, whose tough attitude hides an understanding nature and difficult secrets." 

After I read Take Me On, I realized that I did actually need to read this series in order, as the characters in each book show up in the other books. While Noah and Echo are the two main characters of this story, Isaiah and Beth are Noah's foster siblings who each get their own story later in the series (Beth: Dare You To, Isaiah: Crash Into You). Other minor characters in Pushing the Limits appeared in Take Me On, so I definitely should not have read them out of order. 

I thought Echo was sweet and strong, even though she had a thoroughly depressing story. I initially thought these books were simply "good girl falls for bad boy" but they're more "girl with traumatic past falls for boy with traumatic and depressing past." I think I'll try to continue with the series, as I'm really interested to see how all the characters fit together. 

391 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment