Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Monday, July 2, 2018

Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan

Summary: "The story of twenty-four-year-old Susannah Cahalan and the life-saving discovery of the autoimmune disorder that nearly killed her -- and that could perhaps be the root of "demonic possessions" throughout history."

Even though the movie is now available on Netflix, I would highly recommend reading the book first! Once I started reading, I couldn't put this book down. The story was gripping. 

Susannah is a great writer, and she is extremely brave to write with such honesty and truth. Her experience with the medical system (doctors, hospitals, endless tests, lack of answers, medical bills), is relatable to us all. 


Through her story, she also does an excellent job of explaining the mysteries of the brain: how it's structured, how it works, what happens when it "breaks," etc. 

I hope that every doctor, especially neurologists, read this! 

264 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment