Supernatural Bounty Hunter isn’t the sort of thing you see on LinkedIn. But with a rare type of magic like mine, I don’t have many options.
So dangerous or not, the job is mine. And it was going fine, until an old as sin vampire stole my mark, and with it, my pay day.
Knowing I’m poor and desperate, he has offered me a job. I’ll have to work by his side to help solve a top secret case.
Everyone knows not to trust vampires. Especially a hot elder vampire. But without any other jobs coming up, I’m stuck. As I uncover a web of lies and treachery, revealing an enemy I didn’t know existed, the truth of my identity is threatened. I might make it out alive, only to end up in a gilded cage.
I've been in a reading rut lately - you know the kind - where nothing is appealing and nothing seems worth the time. Thankfully, I was stuck waiting at the doctor's office with nothing but my phone, so I was desperate and this was free through Kindle Unlimited. So I started it. And loved it. Right from the start.
Reagan is a supernatural bounty hunter with a BIG secret to her power. She's smart, snarky, and strong - both mentally and physically. The author does an excellent job building the mystery of both her mark and her background. The vampires, mages, demons, etc. are well-built and add dimension to the story which, in this type of novel, often doesn't happen. And while it seems romance-y, it's not. There are some steamy scenes, but she reacts to the 'love interest' in the way you want to see a strong female react - no sighing, preening, or submission here, folks.
Overall, I have already started book two and will mostly likely stay with this author for a while.
5/5
437 pages

No comments:
Post a Comment