Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Thursday, January 3, 2019

Broken beautiful hearts by Kami Garcia

Summary: "Staying with her uncle to recover from an injury caused by her ex-boyfriend that puts her athletic future at risk, Peyton resists her attraction to a local MMA fighter before her old and new lives collide, forcing her to confront difficult truths."

Kami Garcia reminds me of Katie McGarry, and I think that's why I enjoy her stories. Soccer and MMA, what more could I want?! 

Some of the story was funny, while other parts were just not quite right. I found trouble with: 

  • Peyton is rude to her family. I find it difficult to root for a character is rude, without the necessary character development to overcome it.
  • Of course, the pretty popular cheerleader is downright evil. Like, come on, can't we do better than this story line? 

The best part of the book is the very end, when the author reveals that she herself suffered from the same abuse that Peyton had. I would have rather read directly about her own story.

goodreads

401 pages

2 comments:

  1. Ooh. I bought this in a Kindle sale and have been wondering about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually pretty good; my review is a bit on the nitpicky side :P

    ReplyDelete