Secondborn by Amy A. BartolMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
Well, I thought for a while that this might be a 4 star read, but the ending was just kind of a mess. Everything became very random, and not in a good sort of way. I'm going to continue on to book 2 but am pretty worried at this point. I really thought we were building to something in book 1, and then that was all just kind of randomly tossed aside for the weirdest reasons. Nothing added up for me.
Also, the character development could be a lot stronger, and I would like the MC to take more action and be less reactionary. The relationships between characters often feels weak and questionable, even the immediacy of some of the friendships.Pair that with the weak character development and everyone started to blend together and be forgettable. The world is interesting but not well enough explained, so I'm holding out for more clarity in book 2.
Overall, this is an okay read, but only if it's building towards something amazing in book 2. If not, then I would probably point people towards stronger titles in the sci-fi / dystopia world, such as:

Pages: 321
No comments:
Post a Comment