Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Saturday, June 15, 2019

The Remnant Chronicles

Morrighan (The Remnant Chronicles, #0.5)Morrighan by Mary E. Pearson   (Novella 0.5)
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This novella gives some of the ancient history for this unique world and magic system. It's technically okay to read this first, since there are no spoilers, as it follows people from the past. However, I think in this instance that it actually helps for you to get your feet wet with book one, then go back to this novella for some deeper history and world building.

Pages: 121


The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1)The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson  (Book 1)
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well, this just grabbed my attention and held on. It's a fascinating world with a unique magic structure and strong character development. It follows Lia who won't stay in the box her kingdom tries to put her in.

The story does a good job of building relationships, not just romances, but also friendships and mentors. I appreciate that, since it's often the relationships in stories, and how those evolve, that intrigues me so.

In book one, the magic structure begins to gradually announce itself, but it's the world and characters that get my full attention in this story.

Pages: 492


The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson    (Book 2)
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm obsessed with the travels across this world to different places and cultures with this story. I'm intrigued by all the different customs and lifestyles, and this is the book where the magic structure starts to be more fully explained and developed.

There's so much that happens in this story, that I sort of can't believe it all got crammed into 470 pages. For a long book, this never felt lengthy or drawn out. I can't wait to pick up book 3 and see how this all sorts out.

Pages: 470

No comments:

Post a Comment