Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Saturday, June 8, 2019

The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)

The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

#BecRereads2019

I love all the new layers that appear and are exposed in the second book. Plus, I think that I missed some of the small moments in this book, particularly with Adam and Ronan. It's really easy to brush right by those understated interactions when you have no idea where things are headed with the broader storyline of the series. So I overlooked small interactions in the past that I now know were/are part of something bigger and worth paying attention to.

Pages: 439

PREVIOUS REVIEW:
I feel sure these characters are my neighbors and friends, for despite their issues and strife, I desperately want to be a part of their world, preferably within their inner-circle. This second novel was equally fascinating, and I can’t wait for the third! I listened to the audiobook which is superb. Something about the setting of this book makes me want to say words like superb, and it would be quite sufficient as a word choice and not at all pretentious, especially if I eased it out with a gentle Henrietta accent.

I highly recommend this series. You will appreciate the unexpected nature of these stories, as well as the carefully woven mysteries and gentle uncovering of truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment