Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Child of the Ghosts by Jonathan Moeller

Caina is sold by her mother to a sorcerer who uses blood for his magic.  When she escapes she is found by Ghosts who bring the child to safety and give her a choice for her future.  The story follows Caina's education and revenge on the sorcerer who took everything from her.

I picked this book solely by the title expecting a spooky Halloween tale.  Not a ghost story or supernatural thriller, but a fantastic alternative reality series filled with spies, quests for power, greed, assassins, and the righting of injustices by any means.  Book one is well written and thought out.  Although it was not what I expected I will look forward to reading more in the series and Caina's character development.  766 pages in Nook HD version.

No comments:

Post a Comment