Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Saturday, October 12, 2013

"The Other Brooks Boy" by Diane Roth

I don't know why but this is the second book I've read recently about a young widow falling for her dead husband's brother.  Greg Brooks has been helping Cara, his brother's widow, with her teenagers and household repairs in the year and a half since his brother was killed in a car accident.  He and Cara have known each other a long time and have always been friends; they even graduated from high school in the same class.  But as Cara's grief starts to fade and she accompanies the divorced Greg to several social events, they begin to feel more than familial love for each other. 

I really enjoyed this story.  It was well written and had a few twists that made this romantic trope seem fresh.  The author did a good job conveying Cara's kids' reactions to their mother's changing relationship with their uncle, too.  I'd definitely read more from this author, and since this book is the first in a series, I probably will.  276 pages (Kindle edition).

No comments:

Post a Comment