When
I learned that an illustration I really liked was drawn by Peter Sis, I decided
to check-out some of his illustrated children’s books.
![]() |
| The illustration that caught my attention was this |
![]() |
| based on a famous painting by Giuseppe Archimboldo. |
Well,
I’m glad I did because I now know that THE THREE GOLDEN KEYS (w/the
illustration) was written so that Sis could share with his young daughter his
childhood memories of Prague through beautifully detailed drawings of the city
at night as he imagines a journey along the streets of his youth. It just so happens that one of my sisters and
her family lived in Prague for several years so I will be glad to share this
author/artist with her.
STARRY
MESSENGER depicts the life of the famous scientist, mathematician, astronomer,
philosopher, and physicist, Galileo Galilei.
This book was a Caldecott Honoree.
THE TREE OF LIFE depicts the live of Charles Darwin, naturalist,
geologist and thinker.
Meant
to be children’s books, there is minimal text but lots and lots and lots of
exquisitely rendered detail to pour-over.
![]() |
|
Doubleday, 1994 53
p.
|
![]() |
|
Farrar
Straus Giroux, 1996 29 p.
|





No comments:
Post a Comment