Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Saturday, October 5, 2013

"Freeing" by E.K. Blair

This is a companion novel to "Fading," which I did not read.  I was more interested in Jase's story, which is the subject of this book.  Jase is the main character's best friend in "Fading," and "Freeing" takes place at the same time (from what I've read in reviews of the first novel).  He had lots of girlfriends in high school, but when he moved to Seattle for college, he realized why he never felt connected to any of them.  Although he's attracted to men, he doesn't want to be gay, and his shame and embarrassment nearly costs him someone special.  This was a well written coming out and coming-of-age story but was a little short on details describing the main characters' physical features, so I had a hard time picturing what they looked like.  295 pages (Kindle edition).

No comments:

Post a Comment