Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Saturday, September 30, 2017

Perfect by Cecelia Ahern

Perfect (Flawed, #2)Perfect by Cecelia Ahern
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book 2 in a duology.

Overall, I really enjoyed this series, and this had a strong finale.

There are some flaws in the storytelling, that bothered me just a tiny bit, but I enjoyed the characters and story so much that I overlooked them. Most of it ran along the lines of repeating things we already knew, explaining/telling why something was significant, rather than just showing us and trusting the reader to understand the situation, and getting voice wrong for the age of the character (in the instance of an old journal entry from a child that sounded as if it was written by a college student).

Minus these flaws (which seems perfect, actually, considering this is the Flawed series), I really enjoyed this book. It makes a lot of great points, though sometimes I wish they would just be made and stand on their own (rather than being explained).

This story has a good amount of action and excitement, as well as some moments of horror, where I kind of just wanted to scream at people.

The audiobook is excellent, for those who like to listen.

Pages: 341

No comments:

Post a Comment