Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Thursday, September 28, 2017

The Vanishing Throne, Falconer Book 2 by Elizabeth May

Summary: Kam is now in a world of trouble, dealing with the destructive consequences of the outbreak of Fae in Edinburgh. 

Whew! The Vanishing Throne ups the story line of the Falconer series in a tremendous way. This installment is much longer and more intricate than the first book. May truly expands her story and the world in fascinating ways. Even though it had a different vibe from the first book, I couldn't put it down toward the end. The action scenes still remain my favorite part - they keep me on the edge of my seat. 

And I LOVE Derrick, Kam's companion pixie. He is a delight, and I will riot if anything bad ever happens to him. 

Also, why are there no falcons in a book series about Falconers?! And I was disappointed by the lack of steampunk in this book. Where are Kam's inventions and awesome weapons?

458 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment