Summary: "Follows the experiences of an aristocrat's daughter, Yeva, who tracks a mysterious woodland creature her father has become obsessed with and that stands at the center of his failing sanity."
Hunted is a re-imagining of the classic Beauty and the Beast tale. I'd say it follows the original fairy tale more so than the Disney version. There are no animated household items :(
Meagan Spooner is a beautiful writer. However, she's not the greatest story-teller. I found Yeva's personality to be quite lacking. Yeva is actually... boring.
Others may find this re-telling to be quite enjoyable, please don't let my review prevent anyone from giving this book a chance.
374 pages
This was on my to-read list, so I will give it a go - but thanks for the heads-up on no animated household objects. That is a serious bummer. :)
ReplyDeleteI kept waiting for them to show up! But they did not.. :(
DeleteOoh. I wanted to read this, but now I'm worried.
ReplyDeleteI think a lot of people will enjoy it, especially if you lower your expectations in terms of the romance and Disney tie-ins. Some of the Russian fairy tale parts are very cool.
Delete