Cheater's Regret by Rachel Van DykenMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
You wouldn't think this would be such a funny book, with a title like that, but it is. I picked it up in the middle of a heavy, brutal sci-fi novel for a bit of light, easy reading. I read the first book in this series sometime last year, but I never got around to this one.
It turns out that I have double standards when it comes to cheaters. In the real world, I'm pretty annoyed by their selfishness, immaturity, and lack of communication skills. In book world, I'm totally fascinated by what makes them tick, and how they got themselves into these situations.
This starts out as a revenge scenario, with Austin getting back at Thatch for kissing another girl in front of her. Then it moves sideways into an adorably sweet romance with some parent drama. There are a few things that happened that made me laugh out loud. One scene in particularly, had me giggling for the better part of 5 minutes. So either this book is really hilarious, or my judgement becomes impaired after midnight, since I stayed up and read this one straight through.
It's not mind-blowing or world changing, but that's why I enjoyed it. I needed an easy read with an HEA.
Book 53 read in 2018
Pages: 286
No comments:
Post a Comment