Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Friday, February 9, 2018

Side Jobs by Jim Butcher

Summary: "As Chicago’s only professional wizard, Harry Dresden has had cases that have pitted him against insane necromancers, power-hungry faerie queens, enigmatic dark wizards, fallen angels—pretty much a “who’s who” of hell and beyond—with the stakes in each case ranging from a lone human soul to the entire human race. But not every adventure Harry Dresden undertakes is an epic tale of life and death in a world on the edge of annihilation." - Amazon

I am now officially caught up with everything Dresden Files - and I'm quite sad about it.  I tried to savor these short stories as I knew this would be my last foray into Harry's world until the next book comes out this year.  Each story lived up to the excellent storytelling I have now come to expect from Jim Butcher (Day Off  is my favorite); however, the best part of this collection has to be the introductions from Jim himself for each story.  He talks about why he wrote the story, who asked for it, and gives a little bit of insight into his thoughts and writing process.  I will be moving on to his other series, but Harry has a special place in my heart.

5/5

432 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment