Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Friday, January 19, 2018

Pachinko by Min Jin Lee


Summary: "In this gorgeous, page-turning saga, four generations of a poor Korean immigrant family fight to control their destiny in 20th-century Japan, exiled from a home they never knew." - Amazon

This is a wonderfully written novel that begins with a young girl who makes a choice which alters her life forever.  The novel follows her path and those of her children and grandchildren, pulling you in seamlessly through simple, eloquent prose.  I was engrossed.  I was enthralled.  I was utterly lost in their world - until the last fifth or so of the book (hence the 4/5 rating).  That being said, this novel is worth it.  

Pick it up.  

4/5

496 pages

2 comments:

  1. I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics , i will be always checking your blog thanks Markets

    ReplyDelete