Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Saturday, January 25, 2020

ALL THE THINGS #5: Set of 12 Books

The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1)The Summer I Turned Pretty

by Jenny Han

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I enjoyed revisiting this one. It’s such a great story of summer, growing up, firsts, and dealing with hardship. It’s deliciously angsty, and yet still so young and hopeful.


It's Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2)It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Every time I read this series, it completely shreds my fragile heart, and yet I keep picking it back up to read it again, just for those brief moments that give me some hope that are tucked carefully inside all the corners of the sharp edges of grief.

So yeah. I like it. Just like people like paying taxes, which is not at all in the moment, but when you're driving across a safe bridge, picking up a new book at the library, or dialing 911 for some assistance in a terrible moment, then everything looks pretty different, and you kind of do like paying taxes. So yeah. I liked it like that--where it feels like there's nothing inside me but hurt and ache, and then I suddenly remember that there's some flashes of good inside all of the hurt that almost make it worth it.


We'll Always Have Summer (Summer, #3)We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It ends well but almost feels too fast after everything I went through. I mean, everything the characters went through, of course. ;)

It has been fun revisiting this trilogy, or maybe fun is the wrong word. It has been emotionally overwhelming to reread this trilogy, but apparently, I like having all the stressful feels. If I'm not exhausted at the end of a book, then who even am I?



Brant’s ReturnBrant’s Return

by Mia Sheridan

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This one is less genuine and believable than her other stories.

It’s kind of all over the place and emotions all feel rushed. I wanted more depth.


Preston's HonorPreston's Honor

by
Mia Sheridan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

An emotional romance in reverse (where everything in the relationship seems to happen in the opposite order of what typically occurs).



Ravenheart (Crossbreed #2; Mageriverse #16)Ravenheart

by
Dannika Dark

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Still an interesting series. I don't love it as much as Seven, but it's keeping my attention.


 Keystone (Crossbreed #1; Mageriverse #15)Keystone

by
Dannika Dark

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


An interesting new cast of characters. I’m curious to see where this goes as the series progresses.


Deathtrap (Crossbreed #3; Mageriverse #17)Deathtrap by Dannika Dark

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I wish I had written reviews for this series in the moment, as all I can remember right now is that I enjoyed it and moved on to the next book.



Gaslight (Crossbreed, #4; Mageriverse #18)Gaslight
by Dannika Dark

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I still want just a bit more from the characters and world building, but overall, I am curious to see where this series is headed.



Blackout (Crossbreed, #5; Mageriverse #19)Blackout

by Dannika Dark

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Still engaged and moving on to the next book!


Nevermore (Crossbreed, #6; Mageriverse #20)Nevermore

by Dannika Dark

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Ooh, this one was one of my favorites in the series so far.


Moonstruck (Crossbreed, #7; Mageriverse #21)Moonstruck

by Dannika Dark

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Yep. Still reading. It's not a perfect series for me, but I do enjoy the world and characters, overall.


No comments:

Post a Comment