Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Thursday, January 30, 2020

Well, I Lied. Just One More Final Post:

Delirium (Delirium, #1)Delirium by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this book the first year it was published, which I think was about 8 years ago. I found the premise very interesting, but somehow, I never got back around to reading the other books in this series, which is now my plan.

This was a great starting point. I’m hoping I love book 2 even more. It had a dramatic ending, which I remembered (remembered that it was dramatic, not the specifics of the ending), so I’m looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Annabel (Delirium, #0.5)Annabel
by Lauren Oliver

My rating:
3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed the background information on mom. It doesn’t always all add up, but it was still interesting.


Alex (Delirium, #1.1)Alex by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This one was just okay. Not much actually happened, and we got more of Alex. However, he almost felt like a completely different character than he was in Delirium. Granted, this novella finds him in the middle of hard circumstances. But something felt off for me.

Also, he talks about all these moments with Lena that make it seem like they had far more time together and learning about each other during book one than they actually did. I just found some of it confusing, as if suddenly they were two different people in totally different spots than I thought they were in. Maybe after I read book 2, this one will start to feel less unnatural.

No comments:

Post a Comment