
In this sequel to
Children of Blood and Bone, magic is back in Orisha and the maji are in all out war with the monarchy, who just wants to wipe them out. I was so excited to read this one and I wasn't disappointed. We see a lot of great character development from Amari, who struggles with her own new magic and the ghost of her father's voice while trying to gain acceptance and become a leader among the maji. We get more of the amazing vivid imagery that Adeyemi is brilliant at-a luminescent underwater scene as well as shocking images of battle. And the final cliffhanger just makes me want to hurry up and get the next book! Adeyemi is quickly becoming one of my new favorite authors. And the cover is gorgeous! (I have a mini poster of the art on my wall at home)
Go read this series. It is amazing, and a lot of the topics are relevant to current events, which in my opinion, makes for great fantasy fiction.
404 pages
No comments:
Post a Comment