Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Thursday, August 9, 2018

At the Stroke of Midnight by Tara Sivec

At the Stroke of Midnight (The Naughty Princess Club, #1)At the Stroke of Midnight by Tara Sivec
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is absolutely hilarious. Repeatedly. I maybe even snorted a few times.

The best part is the 3 women, who are all very different, and how they develop such an odd friendship. I adore that, far more than even the actual romance part, though wow. It’s scorching and spicy on the Cinderella & Prince Charming front.

Also, I obviously love the fairytale retelling. I confess I’ve never read a fairytale retelling that was so . . . shall we say risqué and indelicate? Okay, it’s actually more like bawdy, in a very in your face sort of way that is so shocking and always funny.

Woot! I think that’s the first time I’ve ever worked the word bawdy into a review before, but I just looked it up to be sure, and it describes this book exactly:

“Bawdy: dealing with sexual matters in a comical way; humorously indecent.”

This is delightfully bawdy! Feel free to quote me on book covers.

Book 242 read in 2018

Pages: 261

No comments:

Post a Comment